Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Some mama-made clothes for MAMA!!!

This week has been a week of firsts for me in sewing. First time I've ever sewn something for *me* to wear, first time installing a zipper, first time doing a yoke, first hand-sewn hem.

Ahh, the thrill of accomplishment. After losing quite a bit of weight over the last year, I have 2 pairs of pants that fit me, a dressy trouser, and a pair of jeans. I was living in lounge pants all the time because I didn't want to wear out my jeans to fast. So when I picked up corduroy at Joann Fabrics at deep discount, I decided that MAMA needed some new pants. Here they are. The first pair is black cord, the second, brown, wide wale stretch cord. The pattern is Vogue 8157, not too difficult, just took some thinking. Please excuse my stretch marks, it's what happens when you have 2 babies in a 2 year period of time *sigh*

1 Comments:

Blogger turnip said...

wow, you can really make nice clothes! I wish I had any sewing talent at all, I made a pillow in hom-ec once and it was 5 sided...I started out with 4! Oh well...I tend to buy a lot of patchwork clothing from independent artists, its great supporting the people that have that skill and creativity, at least I am getting sort of ok at knitting.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger