Monday, January 08, 2007

New Year, New Beginnings...

It's been so long since I last posted... We are struggling here with finding our daily rhythm. The television is on way too much, there's not enough creating being done by my children, and the apartment just seems to be a mish-mosh of 4 people living together. It all needs to change. What better time than the new year??

I've been doing some research into the Waldorf and Montessori philosophies of education and have decided to start implementing some of their ideas. With Little Man being so *spirited*, we need some basic structure to our day. A "routine" of some sorts so that we know what to expect next. Not to mention, this keeps me accountable to M and to the kids. I have a daily purpose to fulfill, instead of just haphazardly doing things.

Next week, we will be beginning our Seasons of Joy~ Winter curriculum. I will be establishing our daily, weekly, and monthly rhythms and using the curriculum as a guide and praying quite a bit that the Lord reveals to me how He wants me to educate my children. I'm really excited about this new endeavor and I look forward to the kids growing in their new environment. Since our ultimate plan is to homeschool our children, this will be our jumping off point. We are still in the discussion phase of *how* we will homeschool the kids when we get to that point, but for this preschool time, we will be Waldorf inspired (with some Montessori and traditional academics of ABCs, colors, etc thrown in).

With these new changes in our daily lives, I'm hoping that this blog will reflect what our family is striving for. I will continue to post my creations (I will update in a later post with some of the Christmas projects I worked on), topics that weigh on my mind, and now reflections on our beginning adventures in homeschooling. Hold on tight, I'm sure it's bound to be a bumpy ride :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger