Sunday, September 30, 2007

This update's for you, E.

Okay, okay, I get it. My best friend E has been bugging me for an update and I finally have a moment to sit down and give one. This will be just a quick sewing/ crafting update, as the life update will definitely be much longer. Lots happening 'round here, but that's for another post.

So, on August 15th, Sewing Mamas began their bi-annual Stash Game. The basic gist of the game is to use whatever fabric you have in your stash, don't buy any for the length of the game, and to sew, sew, sew as much as you can. There's a whole point assignment, blah, blah, blah, prizes are awarded, etc. The game ran from August 15th to September 15th and I pretty much got most of my Christmas sewing and baby sewing done. Here are my finished stats:

Grand Total: 1425 points (I came in 2nd :)
Yards sewn: Just over 102yds

2 Boppy covers
6 contoured burp clothes
9 produce bags
1 lavender neck pillow
5 pairs of corduroy pants for Little Man
2 pairs flat front corduroys for Miss Mushie Face
5 long sleeve raglans for Little Man
5 peasant tops for me
1 peasant dress for Mushie
4 velour dresses for Mushie
6 pairs leggings for Mushie
hemmed 7 baby tees
3 kimono tops for baby
7 pairs pants for baby
4 pairs of flannel lounge pants for Little Man
2 crib-sized top sheets
7 pairs of lounge pants for my 2 yr old little brother, G
2 men's raglans for M
2 pairs of corduroys for me (hoping they'll fit post partum)
3 art smocks for Little Man, Miss Mushie, and little bro G
2 long sleeve raglans for Mushie
2 velour hoodies for Mushie
velour appliqued pillow for my 18 yr old sister's birthday
1 hooded tunic w/ pumpkin appliques for Mushie
8 pairs of training pants for Mushie
2 hand-dyed wool puddle pads for baby
2 Waldorf dolls
2 doll slings
6 doll diapers
clothes for the dolls
10 receiving blankets
LARGE bag to store my wool batting in
64 criss cross coasters
12 large Fuzzi Bunz inserts
6 small Fuzzi Bunz inserts
2 potholders

Whew, I think that's it. As I said, I came in 2nd place in the Game, the mama who came in 1st beat me by 90 points. Not bad for my second Stash Game, but I think I'm burnt out now *sigh* I figure, though, when I'm ready to sew again, the baby will be ready to give me some time to sew. You can see most of what I accomplished here:

Stash Game Sewing

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger