Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Ever wonder.....

Have you ever wondered what would happen if you were out of commission for 3 days??? Since having Little Man in 2004, I've never actually been out of commissin for more than a few hours (well, when I had Mushie and had to be hospitalized I guess I was, but my mom took care of everything). Anyway... what would happen to the laundry?? the dishes?? the housekeeping in general?? Who would cook and WHAT would they cook?? Well I got to find out this weekend.

Wednesday evening I told M I wasn't feeling well and I thought I had a UTI. Sure enough, by bedtime I was in a full blown fever. Didn't get much sleep that night, actually woke up a few times and puked (I know, too much information). Thursday, only the Lord knows how we got through the day because M had to work, my mom and sis were busy, so I was left with my 2 babes and me, lifeless on the couch. Somehow I managed to nurse them, change their dipes, get them down for naps, and feed Little Man, but other than that, they had free range of the apartment and boy did they ransack it. When M came home from work, he ate, we packed the kiddos up and headed to the dr's. I was worng, it wasn't a UTI, it was a full on kidney infection.

Two shots of heavy antibiotics in the tush and a very $$$ dr bill later, we were home, the babes were asleep, and I was passed out in bed. My fever pressed on, as did the puking and I was within inches of dehydration. Friday, fortunately, M had off from work. He picked up pretty much all of the slack, except laundry, he still doesn't know how to use our washer, and my mom brought dinner. I started oral antibiotics and was still lifeless on the couch.

Saturday I was well enough to get off the couch, but M still called out of work and my mom brought more dinner and my sister. While my sis played with the kids for a while, I was able to throw some diaper laundry in. My fever finally broke Saturday evening. So what did my apartment look like?? Not too bad. The laundry had taken over the bedroom, so I worked on it on Sunday. The dishes had piled up and the clean ones needed to be put away. I could walk on a clear floor because M kept the toys piled up and out of the way.

Overall, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. M learned some valuable lessons about what it actually takes for me to keep up our household (at one point the baby wasn't wearing a bib and her shirt was soaked, I asked why she had no bib on and the response I got, "Cuz you're sick and I don't know what the h*ll I'm doing") and I learned that life goes on without me. I used to dread thinking about what would happen if I got sick, but now I know, and it's not bad at all.


Blogger Here we go... said...

Hello there. I found your blog through a comment on Sara Janssen's blog. I too am in VA and was wondering about where you lived. I am in Lynchburg...

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger