Thursday, September 14, 2006

Short trip

M, the kids, and I will be leaving tonight for a weekend trip to NJ, where we both grew up, and where Little Man was born. We're off to visit Grammy Tomorrow (yes, this is what my son calls his Grandma, LOL) and Pop-pop and many more family members and friends that we don't get to see often. I'm not looking forward to the drive, the kids will need to sleep in the car, and lately, Mushie has NOT been sleeping all to well. Not to mention, it will be late when we get to our destination. But I am looking forward to the visit. Why?

Well, I get to see my very best friend, E, and her 2 boys, R and MJ. E's boys are both around the same age as my 2, as a matter of fact, R is just 2 days older than Little Man, and MJ is 5 weeks younger than Miss Mushie. So you see, they should all have a ball playing together. But the best part of all, visiting with E, of course. I look forward to our visits for weeks, months even. We are so alike on so many different levels, and we respect each other's differences. Visiting with E renews my spirit and my sometimes dwindling love of motherhood. She makes me laugh and smile and is always such a wonderful support for me. I am truly blessed to have a friend like E.

So you will not be hearing from me for a few days. I will be back on Monday with much news from my travels. Have a fun and safe weekend to all those who happen upon this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger