Monday, September 11, 2006

How crunchy are you??

As I previously mentioned, I am a natural mama. Actually, I'm a "crunchy" mama. Y'know the ones, they breastfeed til their kid's in college, hug trees, birth their kids at home, and talk about how evil pesticides and chemicals are, LOL. Well, that's me. It's a journey I started a few years ago, and with each passing day, I find more ways to become more "crunchy".

Here's a quiz I found when I first began my natural journey.
Granola Factor Quiz

Back then, I was scoring in the
105– 119 Mmm! Love that whole-grain crunch! range. Now, I score a 147. 120 – 205 Super Nutty, Ultra-Crunchy Granola Earth Mama

I find it amazing how far I have come in just a few short years. The more I learn (thanks to the mamas at MDC), the more I change. My home has become a place where my children can open the "cleaning cabinet" and I don't have to worry about what chemicals they may ingest, there are no chemicals, there's vinegar and baking soda. I don't have to run to the store because we're out of paper towels because we use cloth towels for messes. No middle of the night diaper runs to the supermarket, just toss the cloth diapers in the washing machine and all is well.

My daughter was born at home, surrounded by a beautiful support team, my husband, midwife, my mom, and my younger sister. My son played in the birth pool with me while I labored and I was relaxed and smiling. I greeted Mushie with a smile and a warm breast for her to nurse while she adjusted to being outside of my womb.

My children nurse at my breast for nourishment and comfort and I worry not about what allergies they may have to particular formulas. Little Man tandem nurses with his sister and they enjoy a bond like no other I have seen.

When I look outside at the earth that our Almighty God has blessed us with, I find comfort knowing I am doing my best to take care of her. I strive to teach my children these principles and pray that one day, they too may respect and be good stewards of our environment and resources. What have you done today to care for our planet??






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger