Monday, September 11, 2006

Moms For Modesty

I stumbled upon this in my blog searching. As a mother of a baby girl, this is something dear to my heart. Something my parents instilled in me at a young age that I never truly grasped til I was a parent. Over the last few years, M and I have noticed that little girls don't LOOK like little girls anymore. They walk around in their mini-skirts or booty shorts with words plastered across their tushes coupled with shirts that expose their bellies and boots that come up to their knees. Dare I say, our "little girls" are becoming "little strippers"??
Why?? Why do we feel the need to expose our children in ways that even WE, as adults, should not be exposing ourselves?? Why do we think it is "cute" for our little girls to walk around half-naked?? Why do we think it's "cute" to let our little girls wear clothing that encourages unvirtuous behavior??
Mamas, it's time to take a stand. It's time to say enough is enough. We want our little girls to be just that, LITTLE GIRLS!! NOT mini-women, NOT little strippers, NOT bikini models, LITTLE GIRLS!!

Moms for Modesty Mission Statement

* As a Mom for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.
* I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.
* I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.
* I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.
* I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young womens clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger